Friday, January 23, 2009

Forgotten Dream

I was reminded today of a forgotten dream...

I was surfing some friends Facebook pages and came across this...




Project Canaan from Heart for Africa on Vimeo.


I was pulled back into my passion like a rip tide. I don't know how you can watch that video and not be moved. I am reminded of a continent with far less than even us on our worst days. I was reminded of my Swazi friend, Pastor George. I was reminded of the children in the rural villages outside Mbabane that would see us from a distance and come running down the road to meet us. I was reminded of my first visit to the country with Bruce Wilkinson. I was reminded of sitting in my church in central New York on a Saturday afternoon and hearing the clear call of God asking me to go to Africa. I was reminded of my second visit to Swaziland and meeting my friend, Dan, who was not only my roommate, but a kindred soul with very similar dreams. I am reminded of Wakhile, my 6 year old sponsor child in Swaziland. I was reminded my my friend, Linda and her husband Tom, who were with me on my first visit to the country and who still return to Swaziland about three times a year to help with an orphanage.

As was reminded of so many dreams that had slipped away...

Please help me to not forget again. When you see me, ask about my passion for Africa. Ask me what I am actively doing to follow my passion. Hold me accountable.

1 comment:

Momofgirls said...

We just had our church's missionary from Burkina Faso speak last Sunday, what a needy country, hasn't changed much since Scott went to Sudan years ago! Now Shae feels the burden and is determined to go to Africa...
and I am so happy she has a tender heart!
Maybe we should all hook up and go together with all our kids! (Our camp is actually for sale right now, Scott wants to move our ministry into a more global path! I will keep you updated and maybe you could get involved with him!!!!