Friday, October 31, 2008

Not Smarter than a 6th Grader


I went to my son's science fair this morning. He's in 6th grade. The entire class - every student - had a presentation of a famous person that they were depicting and sharing info about. I was amazed at what I didn't know.


Did you know:


  • Isaac Newton was pulled out of school to help on his family's farm? (Sorry...but his parents just weren't paying attention)

  • Jane Goodall became interested in chimps from a chimp doll that her Dad gave her as a child?

  • When Charles Darwin set out for the Galapagos Islands, he thought he was going to be gone for 2 years - ended up being 5 years?
  • The inventor of "Barbie" named the doll and Ken after the names of her two actual children? And she invented the artificial breast, as she was a breast cancer patient?

OK...neither did I. Now I don't feel so bad.

No comments: